Want to enjoy a crispy, flavorful, and appealing peanut butter cookie but are concerned about weight gain, yeast infections, and diabetes that may be caused by brown sugar?
In this case, the peanut butter cookies recipe without brown sugar can let you enjoy this snack avoiding health problems.
Read on to get the perfect recipe for peanut butter cookies without adding brown sugar and some tricks to add texture, flavor, and nutrients.
Peanut Butter Cookies Without Brown Sugar Recipe
Following is a recipe for making a crispy, peanut butter-flavored, irresistible cookie without adding brown sugar. In addition, we add some chocolate chips to the recipe to make it tastier.
Prepare time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Then mix peanut butter, unsalted butter, and white sugar in a mixing bowl using a hand mixer for around two minutes, alternating between low and high speed.
Then add vanilla and eggs to the mixture and blend for another minute.
Once done, put the semisweet chocolate into the mixture and blend for 15 seconds. After that, add baking soda and flour and blend for one minute on low speed.
Place a foil-lined baking sheet and start placing the cookies on it by using a cookie scoop out of dough. Then bake the cookies for around 25 minutes. Once done, cool them for about 5 minutes, and then serve.
Tips and Tricks to Follow While Making Peanut Butter Cookies Without Brown Sugar
Make your favorite peanut butter cookies by combining these tricks with the basic recipe to make them even more fantastic:
- If you want more texture and flavor, put some mashed bananas to the recipe. it’ll also add some sweetness to the treat.
- If you want to keep the sugar intake low, add honey to the recipe as a natural sweetener. It’ll also increase the healthy nutrition of the cookies.
- If you are concerned about gluten, replace the almond flour with a gluten-free version so you can serve the person with celiac disease.
- During the summer, it’s fairly easy to handle the dough after refrigerating it for 20 minutes.
- If you want to improve the cookie’s flavor, add some more vanilla extract.
- This cookie can be made using smooth, creamy, or chunky peanut butter based on your preference.
- After preparing, store the cookies in an airtight box to keep them fresh for a longer.
It’s obviously possible to make a peanut butter cookie without brown sugar. And you already get a simple yet perfect peanut butter cookie recipe without brown sugar to enjoy this creamy and flavorful snack without hurting your health.
In addition, you are allowed to customize this peanut butter recipe based on preference. So go on and do some customization until you get the desired result.