No matter if you’ve run out of brown sugar or don’t prefer it, still you can make some sweet, soft, and chewy Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Even having Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar recipe in your notebook will increase the versatility of your family’s favorite cookies.
So let’s learn how you can make Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without using brown sugar with some helpful alternatives and storing tips
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies without Brown Sugar
This is the recipe for making fluffy and sweet oatmeal cookies without adding brown sugar.
Prepare time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup mix-ins of walnuts or chocolate chips
Collect all the required ingredients and preheat your oven to 350°F. Take a bowl, put baking soda, salt flour, oats, and cinnamon in it and mix.
Take another bowl and beat butter and sugar in it until they become fluffy and light. While blending, add eggs and vanilla to the mixture.
Once done, mix the dry ingredient with the creamed butter gradually and make dough out of them. Add mix-ins to the dough. Make a rounded ball out of the dough using a cookie scooper and place it on a cookie sheet.
Bake the cookies for around 8 to 10 minutes or until they become golden brown. Once the cookies are baked, keep the on a cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Alternates for Brown Sugar in Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can use plenty of ingredients in place of brown sugar to make chocolate chip cookies. Some handy options are:
- Granulated sugar is an excellent choice for brown sugar as it doesn’t have any molasses. However, its nutritional value is quite identical to brown sugar.
- Demerara sugar is a good brown sugar substitute in cookies. However, it doesn’t melt during baking and may change the texture of the cookies.
- Muscovado sugar has molasses, a toffee aroma, and provides a very moist texture.
- Coconut sugar offers a unique flavor and is a healthy alternative to brown sugar. However, it will make the cookies less sweet.
- Powdered sugar can make the cookies crisp and keep the cookies tender.
Storing Oatmeal chocolate chip Cookies
You can store your leftover chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at normal temperature to enjoy after 4 days. These baked cookies can also be frozen. This way you can enjoy the cookies after two months.
As you can see, you can enjoy almost the same textured and flavored oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar.
Even this recipe and the substitute ingredients will let you do some experiments with your favorite cookies to improve their taste and texture.
Lastly, these chocolate chip cookies are high sources of calories, so measure the right amount to eat to avoid exceeding your daily intake.